Twilight RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Twilight RPs

This is a place where you can participate in RP's based on the Twilight saga...or on any other books.

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Remember December

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ProjectAlice
Admin
ProjectAlice

Female
Number of posts : 375
Registration date : 2009-04-19

Remember December Empty
PostSubject: Remember December   Remember December Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:08 pm

The main purpose of this short story is to explain Chelsea's backstory in more detail.

Chelsea is my main character for the rp's, her story is tied in with one of Canada's most historic events, the Halifax Explosion in 1917.
Back to top Go down
ProjectAlice
Admin
ProjectAlice

Female

Remember December Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember December   Remember December Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:41 pm

Chapter 1: December 6th, 1917

The day started off like any other, I woke up at 8:20am and was out of bed five minutes later. Grabbing the clothes I set out the night before, I got dressed.

I knew it wouldn't help any but I walked over to the window and pulled back the curtains.
"Great... another wonderful morning."
The sky was dark and gloomy, which suited my current mood perfectly.
After closing the curtains, I shut my door and went downstairs.

My mom was already downstairs preparing breakfast.
"Good morning sweetie, sleep well?"
How can she be this cheerful soo early in the morning?
"Yeah... more or less."
I was about to ask what was for breakfast but didn't bother. I could smell the eggs cooking on the woodstove.
"I'm going over to Annies before school starts, so I'm gonna leave a little earlier ok?"
She didn't answer.
"Mom?"
"In here sweetie."
She was in the dining room standing near the window.
Joining her, it didn't take long to see what she was looking at.

A column of black smoke was rising was hovering over the harbor near Pier 6.
"Did you hear me mom?"
"Yes dear, you should probably leave now. The sidewalks are icy so be careful."
She kissed my forehead before returning her attention to the window.

I put my new boots on, grabbed my coat and opened the front door.
Greeted by a blast of cold, I grabbed my gloves before leaving.

After falling twice during ten minute walk to Annies house, I commited myself to walking on the grass whenever possible.
I finally made it to Annies but to my surprise, they weren't home.
I sat down on the front step for a couple minutes.
Reaching into my coat pocket, I pulled out the pocket watch my dad had given me before he left for Europe. It was 8:51.
"Well... so much for that."

Annie had been my best friend for longer than I can remember.
With the exception of my parents, she was the only one who was there for me when my brother died. In one week I went from the girl that everyone wanted to be friends with to the complete opposite.
But Annie never left me, she was the only one who gave me a shoulder to cry on when I needed one.

Feeling a sense of defeat, I started the fifteen minute walk to school.
Back to top Go down
ProjectAlice
Admin
ProjectAlice

Female

Remember December Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember December   Remember December Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 10:03 pm

Chapter 2: Everything Ends

I was amazed by how empty the streets were. Must be a pretty good fire for it to be this deserted.
Looking over my shoulder, I saw that the column of smoke had doubled in size. Within the smoke there were flashes of light, almost like fireworks.
After a minute of watching the light show, I continued on my 'adventure'. I found myself walking on the grass again, as the sidewalks weren't getting any better.

I was about a block and a half from the school when the unexpected happened.

The wind picked up suddenly and violently, picking me up off the ground... I was flying.
But my joy soon turned to horror when I realized that this wind was too strong to be natural.

I must have been atleast thirty feet in the air before I started falling.

Knowing that I was about to die, I closed my eyes. Without even a second to pray to god, the most horrific pain shot through my entire body as collided with what must have been the side of a house before finally hitting the ground.

Having landed on my back, I could see things flying through the air above me.
I tried to move but I couldn't. It was as if someone was sitting on me, pinning me to the ground.

A few seconds passed and a new horror revealed itself.

I was suddenly underwater, being dragged across the ground as the current carried me with it until I hit another wall. All of this occuring within seconds but felt like an eternity.

The water finally receded and I was flat on my back once again.
With soo much pain tearing through my body... I blacked out.

1 hour later.

With the sudden drop in temperature, I regained consciousness. The pain was dulled but I still couldn't move, and I was literally half frozen.
So I closed my eyes and waited for it to all be over.
An eternity had passed before I heard a voice beside me.

"Poor girl."
"Is she still alive Gord."
"Barely."

These voices, one male and the other a female, were the most beautiful thing I've ever heard... they must be angel's.

"What should we do... let her die?"
"I don't know Mary. Of all the bodies we've come across, its hard to believe anyone could have survived that explosion. I can feel her lifeforce fading but... saving her might do harm than good."

The voices started whispering, almost as if they knew I could hear them.
The voices stopped completly, they never returned... only a searing hot pain as something pierced the skin of my right arm.
Back to top Go down
ProjectAlice
Admin
ProjectAlice

Female

Remember December Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember December   Remember December Icon_minitimeTue Nov 24, 2009 6:19 am

Chapter 3: Brand New Eyes

The fire of my own personal hell, burning me alive for reasons unknown finally began to die down.
Eventually dying completly.

I could hear the voices again, but they weren't alone.
Another beautiful female voice joined them now.

"How much longer?" The new voice had said.
"Shouldn't be long now."
"Good, I've been dying to meet her for the past three days now!"

Three days!
My eyes shot open, I was sitting up before the thought even crossed my mind.
I was now able to put faces to these voices... the three most beautiful people I have ever seen.

*Thats all for now.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Remember December Empty
PostSubject: Re: Remember December   Remember December Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Remember December
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Twilight RPs :: Stories-
Jump to: